This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
emacs hangs at start, or sometime later
- From: ahnkle <cygwin at ekers dot idps dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:57:17 +0100
- Subject: emacs hangs at start, or sometime later
I am having some problems with my emacs. I have 21.2-13 installed, and recently it started
locking up after some time, from ~1 hour to 3-4 hours. The window would not repaint. The
emacs process usage goes up to 50%, then close to 100%, until the process is killed.
Then I tried rebaseall. It just brok emacs, emacs hung at startup. I have
re-installed 21.2.13, and ncurses (mentioned in an old post), and X packages, and am back to
emacs running for 'some period', then locking up.
Any ideas about where next?
And another thing...
I tried building emacs 21.2-13 from source, and it doesn't work. So far there is
* missing/corrupt file 'emacs.pif' in the emacs-21.2.tar.gz file
* cygwin build/install script tries to call emacs at the end of make, but temacs.exe
is the file
* static heap exhausted message
The source file emacs-21.2-13-src.tar.bz2 has a good md5sum.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html