This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't preview postscript files under xdvi
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:20:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: Can't preview postscript files under xdvi
- References: <Pine.OSF.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Ferran Mazzanti wrote:
I can directly preview .dvi files displaying the postscript figures.
I have solved in this way:
mv gs.exe gs.exe.orig
ln -sf /usr/X11R6/bin/gs.exe gs.exe
Why there are these two version, X and non-X of ghostscript?
Once, someone said that only the X is sufficient.
If this is the case, we could install only the X version and change
'ghostscript' with 'ghostscript-x11' in the field 'requires' of
setup.ini to adapt the dependences... or NOT ?
As I recall, the reason for have a no-X version was so that people don't
have to install X to use ghostscript.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html