RE: emacs hangs at start, or sometime later

Wow, quite strange.  Are you saying you have to do both, change the repeat
rate in Control Panel and also set blink-cursor-mode?  What do you change
the rate to in Control Panel, if that is also necessary?  Or is it enough
just to set the blink-cursor-mode?

Thanks!

-Eric