This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing Cygwin on XP laptop part of a domain
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:14:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Installing Cygwin on XP laptop part of a domain
- References: <45357C88.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Jay NYC wrote:
> Windows Domain, as a result it put the users "home" in someplace I don't
> understand. I did some
> research and was confronted with all kinds of "mkpasswd" commands that
> supposedly remedy the
> situation but nothing worked.
> Again, the only reason I am installing Cygwin is to run Unison.
So, apparently you really wanted to make it absolutely clear that the
only reason you would have anything to do with Cygwin is for Unison, as
if Cygwin itself is some form of torture to be endured. In that case,
why are you not using the standalone unison binaries that do not require
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html