This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SCSI tape - device is missing
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:54:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: SCSI tape - device is missing
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 18 12:20, Meir wrote:
> I'm trying to read a SCSI tape using tar.
> Cygwin under XP Home.
> Adapter 0:0, SCSI ID 5.
> I was able to access the tape using a "tape snoop" (in XP), so this information is verified.
> //./tape0 doesn't seem to exist (tried mount -b to /dev/st0).
> How can I fix this?
By not mounting. Read the user's guide, particulary
and use /dev/st0 resp. /dev/nst0 just so.
If you still can't read the tape content, it's probably related to
a differnt idea of the block size. See /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/mt.README.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html