This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BashHere.reg Explorer add-on and long filenames
- From: David Arnstein <arnstein at panix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:19:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: BashHere.reg Explorer add-on and long filenames
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: arnstein at pobox dot com
On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 05:20:00PM -0400, Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:
> I found and adapted a Windows registry hack to permit opening Bash
> prompts in any folder in Explorer by right-clicking on the folder and
> selecting the "Open with Cygwin Shell (bash)" menu entry.
You might be interested in the "chere" package contributed to Cygwin.
It performs the same function. You can install it from the standard
Cygwin setup.exe program.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html