RE: Cygwin broken after update (PATH problem?)

On 19 October 2006 09:13, Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3 wrote:

>> No such file or directory
>> No such file or directory
>> command not found
>> command not found

  Your /etc/profile has DOS-style CRLF line endings.

  You will, I'm sure, not have updated your version of bash without reading
the relevant release announcement, so I am sure you will see at once what the
problem is and one of the recommended solutions will work just fine for you.

> After I had observed that my bash doesn't work anymore, I repeated the
> setup, to give it
> a chance to cleanup any inconsistencies, but it didn't change anything.

  It won't overwrite a locally-modified /etc/profile, that's deliberate.

    cheers,
      DaveK