This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: environment variables not propagating when i log in via sshd
- From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:47:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: environment variables not propagating when i log in via sshd
- References: <email@example.com>
On 10/20/06, John Owens <> wrote:
How can I make my system environment variables appear when I ssh through sshd?
What if you use the option to set environment variables when you
install the service with cygrunsrv?
You can use this option multiple times (up to 255 times according to
the --help) to set up as many environment options as you need.
I typically use it to redirect TEMP to /tmp for ssh like this
--env TMP=/tmp --env TEMP=/temp
and to set the CYGWIN environment variable
--env CYGWIN=TTY NTSEC SMBNTSEC BIMODE NTEA
These are stored in the registry and should be read every time ssh starts.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html