This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin out of sync with version?
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:44:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: cygwin out of sync with version?
- References: <453F74AC.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Joey Officer wrote:
> for i in $( ls *.gz ); do
This needlessly forks a subshell process and a /bin/ls process for no
apparent reason. For better performance and readability just let the
shell do the globbing:
for i in *.gz; do
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html