This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Does exit code 53 mean missing DLLs?
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:12:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Does exit code 53 mean missing DLLs?
- Openpgp: url=hkp://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steve Robbins wrote:
> I have built a complicated piece of code that depends on several 3rd
> party libs. When I run it, however, it exits prematurely with no output
> to stdout nor stderr, no corefile, nothing. But the exit status is
> always 53.
> I'm beginning to wonder if this is telling me something ;-)
> I realized later that I have linked against some DLLs that aren't in a
> standard place. I expected to get some kind of "cannot find DLL" error
> at startup, but perhaps "error 53" is the way windows tells me this?
$ net helpmsg 53
The network path was not found.
> P.S. What's the equivalent of linux's "ldd" for cygwin?
$ cygcheck /usr/bin/bash.exe
and there is a couple of scripts on the Internet that output something closer to
ldd using objdump (I use one by Gary V. Vaughan).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html