This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin out of sync with version?
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:26:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: cygwin out of sync with version?
- References: <453F74AC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Joey Officer wrote:
I have a script that I run, the script is:Hey, Joey, I'm curious,
for i in $( ls *.gz ); do
echo Searching $i
zcat -c $i | grep $1 >> searchresults.txt
echo Finsihed searching $i , moving on to the next file...
zgrep "$1" *.gz
Work for your findme program?, or if you need the filename, maybe...
zgrep -H "$1" *.gz
Won't give exact same output, but if you don't need the exact
"start/stop" of searching with each file...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html