Re: Old versions of Cygwin

On 10/29/2006, Champ Mendis wrote:

This is a new subject. I need to run my code in Cygwin, What is the purpose of having new version
which can not run. I am moving to Dev C++ fed up of Cygwin if you can not use it.
This list is a real support for users of Cygwin and your advice has helped me a lot.
It is unfair to restrict and have stringent rules for the list.

It is unfair to others on this list to mix your thread with an established
one.  You may have replaced the original message's subject but clicking
"reply" and changing the subject does not make a new thread.  See the
"References" at the bottom of your email in the email archives:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-10/msg01015.html>

Please send a *new* message with a *new* subject for every topic you want to
discuss.  It makes following threads much easier.  It's just common courtesy.

As for your other general comments, I would say you would be better served by
stating your issues and providing information that would help others help you
in resolving whatever problem you're having.  Obviously, you are not required
to do this but it is a more productive approach to solving your problem than
just complaining to this list that you're "fed up of [sic] Cygwin".

Holliston, MA 01746