screen-3.9.15: configure fails

Hello..

After general rant to me that I should upgrade
from 1.3.x to 1.5.x a finaly started to doing it.

What a big disappointment I got when ./configure failed...
Can anyone provide me some info about that issue?

screen-3.9.15 - its patched by cygwin + my own patch, but
configure script (and anything else) is untouched.
configure script cannot remove conftest.exe because process
is still running.. (how is that possible? its not started in
parallaly).. and it doesnt fork aswell.
Most funny part is that Im able to do
./configure && make && make install on 1.3.9 or 1.3.10
and screen works perfectly.. (attach/detach/lock/anything).
Im upgrading only because I cannot resolve random (not so random,
its reproductable) reboots on cygwin 1.3.9 or 1.3.10.

OS: Win2000SP4
Hardware: PIII 800Mhz, 512GB RAM
Cygwin-1.5.21-1 (fresh install from today)

Log:

$ ./configure
this is screen version 3.9.15
checking for prefix by checking for screen... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for gawk... gawk
configure: checking for buggy tools...
- sh  is 'GNU bash, version 3.2.3(5)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)'.
- sed is 'GNU sed version 4.1.5'.
checking if a system-wide socket dir should be used... yes
checking for the socket dir... (eff_uid ? "/tmp/uscreens" : "/tmp/screens")
configure: checking for MIPS...
configure: checking for Ultrix...
configure: checking for butterfly...
configure: checking for POSIX.1...
- you have a POSIX system
configure: checking for System V...
configure: checking for sequent/ptx...
configure: checking SVR4...
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
configure: checking for Solaris 2.x...
configure: checking BSD job jontrol...
- you have jobcontrol
configure: checking setreuid...
configure: checking seteuid...
configure: checking select...
configure: checking fifos...
- your fifos are usable
rm: cannot remove `conftest.exe': Permission denied
configure: checking for broken fifo implementation...
rm: cannot remove `conftest.exe': Permission denied
- you have a broken implementation
rm: cannot remove `conftest.exe': Permission denied
configure: checking sockets...
rm: cannot remove `conftest.exe': Permission denied
- your sockets are not usable
rm: cannot remove `conftest.exe': Permission denied
- using named pipes
configure: checking select return value...
rm: cannot remove `conftest.exe': Permission denied
- select can't count
rm: cannot remove `conftest.exe': Permission denied
configure: checking for tgetent...