Re: Troubleshooting compiler errors

dvmorris@gmail.com wrote:
I am trying to compile a linux program on cygwin, and I'm getting the
following error:

undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
std::allocator<char> >::c_str() const'

along with about a million other errors that look pretty similar.

I guess my real problem is that I have no clue how to troubleshoot any of
these errors, and I don't really know who to ask for help. I don't really
think this is the right place to ask, so if anyone knows where I could go
for help, I would really appreciate it.
The most likely alternative would be the gcc-help mailing list. In any case, you would have to be much more explicit about your problem, and you would have to take the documented steps and report on their results, if anyone is to help. For example, you might have tried to use gcc rather than g++ to link, for all we can tell.