Re: Problem with perl debugger and stdin

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:25:24PM -0800, Andrew Certain wrote:
> In a normal UNIX environment, you can run the perl debugger
> and still redirect an input file to stdin.  In other words,
>
> perl -d myscript < mydata
>
> does the right thing, namely, that you enter the debugger, the debugger
> reads input from the keyboard, but if the script reads from STDIN, it gets
> lines from mydata.
>
> Under cygwin, however, the same invocation causes the debugger to read
> commands from mydata.

There's probably something the debugger is doing for linux but not for cygwin
because it thinks cygwin can't do it, but a quick scan of perl5db.pl didn't
reveal it to me.

Doing
   PERLDB_OPTS=TTY=/dev/tty perl -d ...
should work, though.

> Please include this line when replying.

Is this some kind of behaviorist experiment?  What's my prize?