Re: postres using cygwin on windows95

Amy schrieb:
I have to create a database using Open Office and using PostgreSQL; to accomplish this i ran into Cygwin. I just read an SQL book, so I am very new to Prgramming. Heres my problem:

after installing (and installing the DLL files for win95)
i was able to open correctly. I also created data files with initdb comand. (though createdb says im not able to create a database because of my connection to the server failed)

First,
on Win95 wou have to use the -i option to postmaster to use TCP/IP and not sockets.

Is cygserver running?

So, now, i am trying to start postmaster here is my output

sucess. You can now start the database server using:

/usr/sbin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

or

/usr/sbin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l logfile start

I tryed both here is my error:

grocky@pur~
$ /usr/sbin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l logfile start
postmaster starting

grocky@pur~
$ /usr/sbin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l logfile start 58 [main] postm
aster 311205 child_info::sync: wait failed, pid 384005, Win32 eroor 0
2340 [main] postmaster 311205 fork: child 384005 - died waiting for dll loading; error 11

Are your permissions correct? You are starting it as local user and not as service via the SYSTEM user, so I assume the perms are ok.

If you encounter errors and are awaiting help please follow the guidelines, which are described at
http://cygwin.com/problems.html
esp. attach cygcheck.out from cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out

I never came to test cygwin postgresql on Win95.

Ok is this somthing to do with my DLL files right? what can i do to fix this?? thanks so much
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/