Re: MPI

maaceroo@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know if someone can tell me what I have to do to install
MPI, in order to use it under Cygwin.

Thank you very much,

MarioA
While there was once a version of lam-mpi set up to build under cygwin, AFAIK it has suffered bit rot and would present a struggle. You could use native Windows mpich builds, recognizing that they don't use cygwin .dll and are not supported under cygwin, even though cygwin is valuable as a more capable command line environment. Note that Argonne Windows mpich includes 32- and 64-bit Windows versions, which are much the same as those which are embedded in the Windows CCS environment, and can be run together with cygwin. Even if you should be ingenious enough to link against Argonne mpich with a cygwin compiler and -mno-cygwin, that takes it outside the range of topics which this mail list supports.