Re: print from xfig

On 12/13/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
> On 12/5/06, Andrew Louie <louiea@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Steven Woody <narkewoody <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>

>> > i can run xfig successuflly, but i can not print our network printer.
>> > it reported:
>> >
>> > lpr: printer error: can't open 'd:\printersharename'
>> >
>> > what do i do? thank you.
>> >

>> Can you normally print with lpr?
>>
>> did you try: lpr -P//networkshare/printername
>>

> i tried:  lpr -P//CNZUHPR01 myfile, but got
> lpr: printer error: can't open '' for writing: The printer name is invalid.
>
> i am not pretty sure if the printer name is ok.  i got the name by
> right click the network printer icon in the control panel then select
> the 'properties'.  i know it's a HP LaserJet-2300DN and accessable to
> me via our company's domain.

See the FAQ:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.printing>

thank you. but the FAQ only explained how to print if one know the printer's network share name. i think my problem firstly is find out the printer name, that is not explained in the FAQ. does anyone get know how to know a printer's share name if the printer is shared via Windows's domain? i am sorry for such a question, but the printer is automatically installed on my computer, might via a network startup script, so i lose the chance to get know the details. the only thing i can do now is to play with the printer's properties dialog.

thanks in advance.

-
woody