Re: Weird cosmetic bug after viewing bash man page

Dave Korn skrev:
On 14 December 2006 18:48, Eric Lilja wrote:

Well, the prompt that is displayed directly after "man bash" exits
exhibits the hightlighted colors (only seems to happen for that
particular man page). If I issue the command stty sane, or any other
command, or simply press enter the next prompt doesn't exhibit any
highlighted colors but is shown as normal See the picture I posted.

Gotcha. Tell us, what is your PS1 setting? And does the bug go away if you expand or shrink the window so that it's showing a different number of lines of the man page at one time? I wonder if it is because there is some highlighted text very last thing on the page and 'less' leaves the highlight setting in effect when it exits.

My PS1 setting is (also available in the cygcheck.out btw):
PS1 = '\[\e]0;\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$ '
I can't remember if I changed that one or not.
As you suggested I try, I made the window a lot smaller vertically and I still got the same highlight as before.

cheers, DaveK

- Eric