RE: Cygwin 1.5.22 - everything crashes, windows exception

On 18 December 2006 23:31, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> Paul Murphy wrote:
>> Hello,

>> I have tried running with Avast AV off, and with Outpost firewall off,
>> and I have tried just copying the following files to c:\cygwin to see if
>> a more standard dir location would help:

> I believe Outpost has been implicated before when these kinds of problems
> pop up.

  Repeatedly.

> when you didn't have these problems), you can uninstall them and try again.
> Turning them off is not generally enough because of changes these kinds of
> programs make in the network stack when they are installed.

  In fact, it is /known/ not to help, specifically in the case of outpost.

See http://tinyurl.com/ye3wpp
and http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-11/msg00731.html,
and http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-12/msg00072.html
in particular.