Re: Cygwin slower on one computer

Christian Franke wrote:

The root of the problem is the "host intrusion prevention system" driver khips.sys.

Even if this feature is turned off (or unavailable in the free version), the driver keeps running and slows down fork() considerably.
(It probably hooks somewhere into Read/WriteProcessMemory())

Stopping the firewall service does not help.
Only stopping the driver ("sc stop khips") or uninstalling KPF helps.

Interesting. Didn't know it could be turned off more effectively. Unfortunately, that doesn't fix all of the slowdown KPF causes for me. I think the program file checksumming done in the application behavior blocking causes the rest (making my test case take almost twice as long to run, even with the behavior blocking turned off). Didn't find any service to really disable that.

Magnus