Re: Fw: help win winxp install

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: help win winxp install

Sam The Cat wrote:
Morgan

Thanks for confirming -- I find it funny that I would have to check mirror upon mirror to find a package needed for a basic part of the packgage. Makes me wonder what I am missing ;) I am not deeply involved in the SW distrbution via mirrors business but I would have thought that after a new release all mirrors would eventually be updated

You should only have to worry about this if you don't get everything you
want or need.  In this case, you can either wait until your mirror is
resynchronized or try another mirror.  If you're looking for further
information, see <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-01/msg00183.html>.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746

I think this is a fundamental issue which will sink the good cause of the wonderful Cygwin software.
I wish all mirrors will have the updated date displayed or have an automated updating system.

Champ
www.student.unimelb.edu.au/cmendis