Re: activestate perl on cygwin

Kevin T Cella wrote:
[snip] but the point of this little story is that you are short sighted if you believe that the only platform you'll encounter and thus need to deal with is Windows...
I agree completely. This is for personal use.
What does that matter? It's still short sited.
Although this is thorough off topic, perhaps you can explain it better to me as I don't use ActiveState therefore I don't see what you are claiming. Exactly which "full path" is expanded to "what" and passed to (guess) ActiveState Perl interpreter as, again, what? Is it $0 that you speak of that may be a Cygwin path? I'm confused however if it is $0 then why couldn't that also be handled in the Perl script?
The error is as follows:

[~] $ myscript.pl
Can't open perl script "/home/kcella/bin/myscript.pl": No such file or
directory

[~] $ ls -l /home/kcella/bin/myscript.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 kcella None 651 Jan 12 07:33 /home/kcella/bin/myscript.pl
And what does #! look like? (And I'll ask for completion's sake as you never seems to be thorough nor accurate in your answers), what does ls <portion after #! in your script> return? Oh and what is PATH set to? And while we're at it, what is the exact path of the program you wanted to be executed (i.e. C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe?).
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?