Re: HISTFILE in zsh

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, Eli Barzilay wrote:

Greetings, Eli,
  (Sorry for the long delay, vacation, etc etc.)

I'm having the same problem that is described at

I'm surprised that it was reported in 2004 -- I use cygwin on several
machines with no problems, it's only a new one that is having the
above symptom.

(Which is related to saving/loading the history file -- `fc -R foo'
and `fc -W foo' also hang.  Using strace, it looks like the problem is
some kind of an infinite loop that is related to a lock file for the
history file.)

I've seen this reported before, but I still can't seem to reproduce it. Can you collect the system info as per http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html

In your debugging, what routine were you seeing the loop?  Was it zsh
code or cygwin code?  Was it a system call returning a bad value?  I'd
like to track this down finally.

Lastly, have you tried the latest cygwin snapshot?

Thanks!

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>