Re: "id -Gn" w/ username doesn't return all associated groups. Issue with getgrent()?

Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:
> And Corinna meant what she said
> that you will get more support by discussing your issues on this list
> than you will by opening yet another wiki somewhere else.

I apologize for trying to be innovative.  Frankly, a mailing list such
as this does not work the best for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one
with the same issues.  It's difficult to keep track of messages and issues.
There's no concept of "watching a thread", as far as I can tell.
A stand-alone client doesn't work the best when roaming from computer
to computer.  Gmane is the only method I've found to post by the web,
and it can't even automatically wrap long lines.  (I'd look forward to
your response, but I'm not sure when I'll be back to check this thread,
without getting any email notifications... :-)

(If anyone has any suggestions on how to handle any of this, please
reply!  I'm open to ideas.  And maybe such suggestions can be included
at http://cygwin.com/lists.html under notes...)

I commented about fixing the documentation regarding mkgroup.  At the
moment, I don't even know how to go about getting this fixed, other than
mentioning it here, which I already did, and that means it's left up
to one of the Cygwin maintainers to have to find and read that message,
and then go update the HTML.

With as many other open-source and other development sites that are
using Bugzilla, wikis, and related tools, they can't all be bad...

I realize that I'm still relatively new here.  I don't expect Cygwin to
just change because I asked.  I'm just feeling a bit turned away because
I'd like to help and contribute to this excellent project, but instead,
I usually feel turned away.

--
Mark A. Ziesemer