Re: Eliminating -mno-cygwin from gcc?

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 11:14:28AM -0500, Lev Bishop wrote:
>On 2/1/07, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>On Feb  1 07:15, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> We were going to replace text mounts with automatic file conversion using
>>> "d2u":
>>>
>>>   cygwin: CRLF line endings detected.  Converting.
>>
>>I think this is too complicated.  What about
>>
>>  cygwin: CRLF line endings detected.  Deleting offending file.
>
>It's already been shown that file deletion is too slow in cygwin. We
>don't want more performance complaints. Better do it this way:
>
>$ cat /etc/postinstall/cygwin.sh.done
>#!/bin/sh
>find / -execdir d2u {} +

That's a good idea but I think you mean:

#!/bin/sh
exec find /cygdrive/? -execdir d2u {} +

The use of the "exec" above would remove the need for cygwin's fork,
which we know is also slow.  Also using cygdrive ensures that everything
is caught.

Hmm.  We might want to extend this script to detect a corporate network
and "do the right thing" there, too.  Just to be really thorough.

cgf