Re: can not find install-sh **help**

dimaslanidis@gmail.com wrote:
Hi to all,

I am facing some problems while trying to install cs161-binutils package.

I download this package (cs161-binutils-1.4.tgz) to my root directory and i
unziped it creating among others a new directory binutils-2.14 nad a file
toolbuild.sh.

I suppose to "run" toolbuild.sh first but when i am doing this i receive the
error: can not find install.sh file in <homedirectory>/cs161-binutils-1.4/
./binutils-2.14

Did you follow all the configure and build instructions provided with that package? I don't see any evidence of it being a cygwin package, and it's unlikely your problem is specific to cygwin. Nor can I imagine a reason for spending time on it, when the cygwin distribution includes a better version, source and all. Binutils typically insists on following instructions to the letter, including (at least for older versions) configuting and building in a fresh directory just below the top binutils distribution directory.