Re: Help. Cygwin corrupting files

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>>> Chuck wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> HD scan shows no errors.
>
> <snip>
>
>> I'm beginning to think I need to remove and reinstall every cygwin
>> package, but I'm not certain that will fix it either. I've already
>> reinstalled both coreutils and cygwin itself. I've even tried rolling
>> both back a few releases, but I get the same problem. This is very
>> strange.
>
> Look for the usual suspects of problem software - firewalls, virus
> checkers,
> spyware/anti-spyware.

Nothing has changed. I did a virus scan and spyware scan too. The virus
scan was completely clearn. The spyware scan picked up the usual
tracking cookies but nothing really bad.

The only other thing I can think of that's new is that Daemontools
virtual cd drive software. I've since removed it but it has not cleared
up the problem.