Re: CreateFile() and fopen issues on vista

Folks,

Never mind. I went through and changed the permissions on the f: drive and now it is working again. Even though my userId in cygwin is administrator Windows does not seem to recognise me as such. CreateFile() is now able to create a valid handle once more. I also dont seem to have any side effects of changing the mode on the file.

Kirk

Kirk Russell
IT BJU
864 242 5100 x3884

>>> "Kirk Russell" <Krussell@bju.edu> 2/20/2007 1:18:03 PM >>>
Hi,

I am trying to port a program from Windows XP to Vista and am running into several issues.

1) When I issue an fopen of a file with "rb" or "wb" modes they fails. I have since switched to just a "r" and "w" and it now works. This was not an issue on XP.

2) When I issue a CreateFile() function call against f: which is a USB drive an invalid handle error is returned. I would appreciate any help solving this. Some of the things that I have done are.

             a) Ran as the admin user
             b) created a manifest file to run the process as admin
             c) Ran CreateFile() on a directory (f://test) and not the root for the USB drive (f:)
             d) Turned off UAC

Kirk

Kirk Russell
IT BJU