Re: Nothing installed in usr/bin - why??

Per Thorsø Christensen wrote:

> I have a problem with my newly installed cygwin shell.
>
> The problem is that I need ?make?, but even though I eventually have tried
> to install all packages ? I have really big problems understanding why this
> is?
>
> I hope someone can help me with this?

Please read <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> for details about the kind
of information we need before we can be of any help.  As it stands, all
anyone can do is give you random guesses.

My random guess is that you're looking c:/cygwin/usr/bin with a
non-Cygwin tool such as Explorer.  It's expected that there is nothing
in that directory, nor should there ever be, because /usr/bin and /bin
are both mounted to the same place.  See also
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.directory-structure>.

Brian