Re: Accessing remote PC (ssh?)

Charles D. Russell wrote:

//

Larry Hall wrote

what does your known_hosts file look like for sony06?

____________________________

.ssh/known_hosts on dell03 contains explicit IP addresses for both dell03 and sony06 that are no longer current.

Move this file out of the way and try ssh again. In the best case, it will just ask you if it's OK to add the new hosts to the file. At worst, it will still complain. If that's the case, move the old file back in and edit the IPs listed to the new/correct ones. Try again.

With DHCP, the IPs in known_hosts are likely going to be out-of-date
allot, unless you time your DHCP leases carefully and are rigorous
about which machines get what IP and when.  For this reason, I like
to use static DHCP (I know, it sounds contradictory but it's really
quite useful in these situations).  By tying the IP a machine gets
to its MAC address, I can be assured that a particular machine (with
a particular network card) will always get the same IP on my network.
This way I get the convenience of DHCP (for my laptops) and the
stability of static IPs. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746