Cannot install cygwin on Windows Xp

hello,

I'm trying to install cygwin on my machine running Windows XP.
Everything goes right with the setup.exe file, but once installed,
there is no /bin folder in the cygwin root directory.
In fact I only have : /etc , /lib , /usr and /var (and cygwin.bat and
cygwin.ico).
I've tried other mirror sites and other root directories with same result.
I installed it successfully on a VMWare Box running Windows 2000.

It's the first time I get this king of problem. If anyone has an idea.

Thanks for your reply.