Re: crontab not sending output to me?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Markle" <>
To: <cygwin>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: crontab not sending output to me?

| Pierre A. Humblet wrote on 4/13/2007 :

You mean NO text in the body.
So you are bypassing cron's design to handle e-mail and you are relying on
your script invoking a Windows mailer in order to get the mail.
We know cron runs the script because you get the empty e-mail, but with the
information you provide I doubt you will get precise help about why the script
doesn't work as you wish (network drives or PATH issues are possibilities).
Make sure that error output from your script is sent to the Windows mailer
(test that from the command line).
If you want to get more help, install and configure a Cygwin solution to send
mail from cron, e.g. ssmtp.

Pierre