Re: Successfull Build of gcc on Cygwin WinXp SP2

Aaron Gray wrote:

> Oh 'make check' is the test suite, did not realize that. I thought it was a
> separate CVS branch/download.
>
> Anyway its been running ten hours now and got to struct-layout-1.
>
> Any clue as to how long it will run for ?

The last time I built 4.3 (couple of months ago) with all languages
including ada and java, it took about 21 hours to bootstrap and 33 hours
to run the testsuite.  Yes, it just takes forever.  Dejagnu forks a ton,
and Cygwin is slow at that.

However, I have been working on ways of speeding up the dejagnu part.
If you copy /usr/bin to a ramdrive, things really take off.  Also,
removing everything but /usr/bin and %windir%\system32 from $PATH seems
to help a little as it prevents stat()-ing around in vein all over the
place when spawning.

Brian