Re: ls not working on cygwin install on XP

It does make sense as the fault of conflicting permissions.  I
un/re-installed after disabling Windows Defender and eTrust AV - no others
on your list - with the same results.  It runs, but the environment is not
setup.  I also found this error dumped to file
(setup.log.postinstallXa03676):

(begin file)
      6 [unknown (0x1530)] bash 1008 _cygtls::handle_exceptions:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
  40675 [unknown (0x1530)] bash 1008 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack
trace to bash.exe.stackdump
(end file)

below is my transcript of cygcheck:

bash-3.2$ ls
bash: ls: command not found
bash-3.2$ dirs
/usr/bin
bash-3.2$ cygcheck -svr
bash: cygcheck: command not found
bash-3.2$ PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH"
bash-3.2$ cygcheck -svr > cygcheck.log
'id' program not found
'id' program not found
bash-3.2$

I've also attached cygcheck.log and setup.log.full for the un/reinstall.
Any ideas?
--
Matt Marnell