file permissions on vista

Hi,

I have the latest version of cygwin installed
CYGWIN_NT-6.0 cecile 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) 2007-01-31 10:57 i686 Cygwin

When create a file or a folder in vista (using the explorer or a windows application),
the file or folder is created without any right (like when a chmod 000 is applied).

This is a problem when you do a rsync.

I can apply a
chmod -R u+rwx *
on the root folder, but this is not really clean.

Is it a known but of cygwin on vista, or is it a consequence
of the new security model introduced in vista (that I am not sure I understand).
In the later case, is there something to configure in order to solve this issue?

In case there is a patch for this problem, I can help testing it.

Regards,
Arnaud.