Re: ssh session hangs while running cmd on remote server

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 12:46:29PM -0700, KenLee wrote:
>I'm a Linux newbie, so please excuse my dumb questions.
>
>Installed cygwin successfully on a box running Win2003 server.  When I ssh
>to it to run a VB script file (.kcu extension) as "cmd /c update.kcu", my
>client session just hangs until I press Ctrl-C.  Meanwhile on the remote
>server, nothing happens.
>
>However, if I run cygwin directly on the box and enter the exact same
>command, the script file runs no problem.
>
>Any help would be most appreciated.

The question to ask yourself, being a linux newbie is how you would run
a VB script under "cmd /c" on linux.

Give up?

You wouldn't do anything like that under linux because neither VB scripts
nor cmd exist.

So, whatever problem you may be having is probably due to the fact that
cmd and/or VB are not interacting well with the Cygwin ssh environment.
Most likely it doesn't know what to do with Cygwin ptys (another linux
construct).

cgf