RE: possible compiler optimization error

During development of this program I used Valgrind on Linux to detect
memory allocation and un-initialized pointer type of errors.  I do not
believe this is the case.

> Now, there /could/ be a compiler bug, but unless you can
> present us with a
> testcase that we can compile ourselves and test out, it's not
> going to be easy
> to help you.  Fragmentary code snippets aren't useful.  For
> advice on how to
> write a really good compiler bug report, see the guidelines at

Yes, I do realize this.  I figured that describing the behavior would be
enough to diagnose the problem without having to cut down an 8,000 line
program into a concise example.  It turns out that it was and Brian
Dessent suggested some more compiler flags to help with floating point
accuracy, -ffloat-store.

Thanks for your help.