RE: Which package is dig and host in?

  I take it you're searching at http://cygwin.com/packages/, yes?

> reveals 128 entries for dig, and the
> descriptions don't really seem to match.

  Handy tip: if you know the exact name of the exe, narrow down your search
results by searching for e.g. 'dig.exe' or 'host.exe' instead of just dig or
host.

  Alas, that narrows it down by 100%.

  It turns out there is no dnsutils package for cygwin.  Most people use the
standard windoze-native nslookup.

    cheers,
      DaveK