Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I started an inetd w/ rsh and rlogin on
another box
and that box was a 'real' unix box?
no
but?

Another Cygwin box.
not the best test i'd say.
What about my request of a more detailed problem description instead?
what else should i say? i submitted the cygcheck output and there's nothing left to tell.
the prompt just keeps standing still forever like it's working. ctrl+c doesn't work either.
I don't know what this should have to do with the OS of the server side.
did you ever work with mixed systems?

Corinna

-- ah-consulting.net Götz Fischer Senior Consultant Phone: +49(0)7225/98 98 79 Fax: +49(0)7225/28 64 eMail: g.fischer@ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-webhosting.com