Re: Setup.exe 1.5.24-2

Chip Skipowski wrote:
Dave <kilroyd <at> googlemail.com> writes:

In order to "Install from Local Directory" you need a copy of all of the
packages you intend to install. This is typically obtained by the
"Download from Internet" option, but the packages are also retained when
you "Install from Internet".

Solution: Choose Install from Internet instead.

This is on a non-networked system (don't ask). I guess I'll have to just download the packages I want and dump them in that directory, then install from that local package directory.

It might be easiest to use wget or similar to just download everything.

If setup.exe is crashing on an empty package directory, this is a bug
that ought to be fixed. A version for setup.exe would be nice (it's on
the first dialog), just to confirm that this is with the latest version
- 1.5.24-2 is the current cygwin1.dll version.

Yes, it is Setup.exe version 1.5.24-2. Just downloaded it today. ;-)

That would make it 'setup.exe' version 2.573.2.2. See:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2007-07/msg00002.html>

As Dave said, 1.5.24.-2 is the current version for the Cygwin package,
containing the DLL.  A version for any particular package that you
download and/or install has no particular relationship to the version
of 'setup.exe' (or any other package for that matter).

Holliston, MA 01746