RE: Emacs takes 100% CPU

On 18 July 2007 17:54, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

Nicolas Saunier wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I don't think I have such a package (in emacs
you mean ?). How can I list the packages in use in emacs ? Here is my
.emacs attached.

I believe the reference was to other dodgy apps that interfere with proper
operation.  A sampling can be found here:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2007-q1/msg00234.html>

That's the slightly out-of-date version that omits embassy trust suite.

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2007-q1/msg00273.html

I checked and I have none of these softwares installed (one of my installation is brand new, and the same problem has started happening). I use Windows XP firewall, though I couldn't find any reported problem with it. I had found something related to the ECB emacs package, but I am not using it.
http://ecb.sourceforge.net/docs/Conflicts.html

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas

PS: is there a way not to break the email thread without subscribing to the list ?
--
Nicolas Saunier
Postdoctoral Research Associate