Re: Problem with ping in Windows Vista

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arthur Niswar" <arthur.niswar@gmail.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:10 PM
Subject: Problem with ping in Windows Vista

Hi,
I am using Cygwin on Windows Vista Business. The problem is: whenever
I try to ping another host on the local network, it always fails.

Nothing to do with Cygwin, but I had some connectivity issues on Vista Business that took me quite a while to sort out. I was able to ping by IP address, but not by name. The only solution I found was to run (in the cmd shell) 'msconfig' and elect for a "Selective startup" that disabled "IP Helper".

Hard to say whether your issue is connected with "IP helper", but disabling it is something you could try if all else fails.

Cheers,
Rob