Re: Emacs takes 100% CPU

Nicolas Saunier wrote:

> thanks for your answers. Attached is the result of cygcheck -srv. I had
> some package that were not ok. I reinstalled them, and now all are ok,
> and the crashes still happen when I start emacs and emacs -debug-init
> and emacs -no-init-file (I can't start emacs -vanilla). I also get
> immediate crashes on startup with segmentation fault and "fatal error -
> called with threadlist_ix -1".

> What else can I provide ?

The output of `cygcheck /usr/bin/emacs-nox.exe` (to look the libraries used),
but do it with the real executable you are using, if there is an emacs it
probably is a symlink.

> DISPLAY = '127.0.0.1:0.0'

Are you running emacs with output to X11? if X is not running then emacs just
takes a long time to say it didn't find an X server.

> emacs                21.2-13
> emacs-X11            21.2-13

Have you considered upgrading to the latest (22.1-3)?
--
René Berber