Re: windows cmd Newb question

* zip184 (Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:28:04 -0700 (PDT))
> Cygwin commands are not working when I run them in windows cmd.exe.  Should
> they?

Yes.

> I ask this question because my scripts are saying "command not found" for
> each line in them.

What kind of scripts? Batch scripts? Shell scripts?

> I'm assuming it's trying to run the commands in windows
> and they're not working?

No. The question you're asking does not make sense at all because the
the terms you use ("run the commands in windows") don't exist or don't
make sense.

"command not found" basically means "command not found". The mechanism
with which cmd.exe finds commands is called a "path". The concept of a
path is the same for Windows, Linux, NetWare and even Programming
Languages (Python, etc.)...

Thorsten