Re: Request for running a test application

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I have a request for help.  I need as much different information I can
get.  To get this information, I'm asking all of you to run the attached
test application and return the printed output as reply to this mail.
[snip]

I'm looking for
  - Remote NFS over SFU NFS

Remote NFS (ufs) over SFU:

Device Type        : 7
Characteristics    : 10
Volume Name        : <>
Serial Number      : (varies)
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname     : <NFS>
Flags              : 2
  FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : FALSE
  FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
  FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : FALSE
  FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : FALSE
  FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
  FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
  FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
  FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : FALSE
  FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
  FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

I have other NFS mounts, all ufs from the same machine; the serial number increases sequentially for distinct exports (i.e. one of my mounts is a subdir of the export, which is itself also mounted as a different letter; those two have the same SN).

I got the same results for one other NFS volume I have mounted that is a different server (possibly a different underlying fs also), except a wildly different serial number of course.

Also, this is expected I'm sure, but in case you don't have the drives to test I can confirm that IDE vs. SATA doesn't make a difference (at least with the one-of-each NTFS HD's I tested).

I had to use the 'alternate version' on the other computer I tested with.

--
Matthew
"Let's call it an accidental feature." -- Larry Wall