Re: How to close a SSH connection from a BAT file

Anthony de Sousa wrote:

> Brian Thanks for the suggestions and I was extreemly interested in trying your
> suggestion of running the SSH client as a service. However I have not been
> successful in setting it up. Although it does install as a service, when it is
> started it immediatly stops as unable to authenticate with the other server.
> If SSH is run manually there is no issue. Currently going through the logs
> with verbose on and trying to determine what the issue is.

If you don't provide --user to cygrunsrv it runs the service as the
system account.  You probably need to run it as your regular user
account, so that your public keys in $HOME/.ssh/ are found, et cetera.
I'm assuming you're using pubkey auth here, as password auth would
present a problem for an automated service.

Brian