Re: Rsync and the two latest snapshots

On Aug 10 15:33, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 10 14:14, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > * Corinna Vinschen (Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:30:45 +0200)
> > >
> > > Erm... you didn't tell about this "Bad address" error.
> >
> > These are just German Umlauts and in my opinion not connected to the "too many open files" errors.
>
> "Bad address" is a serious error message (accessing an invalid memory
> address) and, even *if* they are due to the german umlauts, it's probably
> worth to find out what's causing it.

Ok, I'm almost sure I found the cause of the problem.  Due to an unlucky
combination of function calls, my new code filled up the internal heap
of the DLL without ever freeing the mmeory again, for each file access.
Since the internal heap is rather big by default, you only encounter this
problem for long running processes accessing lots of files.

I've checked in a patch.  Please give the next developer snapshot
another try.

Thanks for the report,
Corinna

Red Hat