Default group shown by mkpasswd

Currently I have installed cygwin on two xp professional machines which behave slightly different.
The problem is basically how to change my default group which is currently set in one machine to 513(None) and 547(Power Users) on the newer machine; as far as I found out yesterday, cygwin seems to have a special group whereas windows seems to ignore those.
It would be very very great if one could either point me to a package which gives commands equal groupmod/add/del or if you can point me to a some site changing this behaviour.
Thanks in advance
SE