RE: Re: Webdav batch file transfer: curl, wget

Richard Ivarson wrote on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:42 AM:
> Steve Holden schrieb:
> [..]
>>>
>>> ... I forgot to mention: In contrast to A)1) with curl you can omit
>>> the ":PASSWORD" in the script. The curl then nicely asks for it at
>>> runtime.
>>>
>> I don't know about getting rid of the five -O's (have you tried it
>> with just one to see whether that does what you want?),
>
> Yes, I tried: with one "-O" just the first "fileAA.txt" will be
> written to local file ("fileAA.txt"), while the other files will be
> printed to the standard output (console).
>
>  > but you could shorten
>> the command line a bit using
>>
>> https://webdavserver.com/folder/file{AA,BB,CC,DD,EE}.txt
>
> Nice.

Curl will also do it by itself.  (You may have to quote the URL so that the shell does not expand the it.)  The following is from the man page.  Note the {curly braces}.

URL
	The URL syntax is protocol dependent. You'll find a detailed
	description in RFC 3986.

	You  can  specify  multiple  URLs or parts of URLs by writing
	part sets within braces as in:

	  http://site.{one,two,three}.com

	or you can get sequences of alphanumeric series by using [] as in:

	  ftp://ftp.numericals.com/file[1-100].txt
	  ftp://ftp.numericals.com/file[001-100].txt  (with leading zeros)
	  ftp://ftp.letters.com/file[a-z].txt

	No nesting of the sequences is supported at the moment, but you
	can use several ones next to each other:

	  http://any.org/archive[1996-1999]/vol[1-4]/part{a,b,c}.html